Kevin Perkins Biography
Kevin Perkins has been involved in the golf arena for over 40 years. As a son of an avid golfer, Kevin learned to play golf on a classic Donald Ross golf course, in New England.
With a strong desire to become a Professional golfer, Kevin headed south to the University of Miami where he played his collegiate golf. While there, Kevin made a phone call to the legendary teacher Bob Toski, which would change his life. Bob began working with Kevin over the next four years and poured a magnificent teaching foundation that has blossomed ever since. From there, Kevin embarked on a very successful career that has been enhanced along the way with wonderful PGA Apprenticeships under Cotton Dunn at Kernwood Country Club in Salem, Massachusetts, Mickie Gallagher at the Everglades Club in Palm Beach, Florida, and most especially with multi award winning Hall of Fame Club Professional, Laurie Hammer, while at Delray Dunes in Boynton Beach, Florida. Today, Kevin continues to hone his teaching skills, techniques and philosophies, helping numerous players from beginners to US Open Champions and PGA Tour winners, to reach their full potential.
- 40-year veteran in the golf arena and has given over 50,000 golf lessons. List of students include: Two Time US Open Champion and World Golf Hall of Fame Member - JoAnne Carner, PGA Tour Rookie of the Year and multiple PGA Tour Winner - Daniel Berger, U.S. Kids World Van Horn Cup Team Member and SFPGA Junior Player of the Year - Kaely Krayeski, Florida State Junior Champion, Under age 12 - Brianna Castaldi, Baseball's - Alex Rodriguez, Football's - Butch Davis, Hollywood Actor - Tommy Ford, Renowned SI photographer - Walter Iooss Jr., NHL Hockey Vezina Trophy Winner - Don Edwards, American Polo Great - Nic Roldan, Rock and Roll Star - Aaron Lewis, Super Bowl Champion - Anquan Boldin, World Renowned Psychiatrist - Dr. Brian Weiss, World Renowned Architect - Francis Fleetwood and X-Games Multiple-Gold Medalist - Dave Mirra. Also worked with numerous CEO, Presidents and top executives of many Fortune 500 companies including, General Motors, General Mills, American Cyanamid, Sony, United Airlines, Chili’s, Compaq,Walgreen's, Texaco, Exxon, Ford, Merrill Lynch, Textron, FPL, Ryder, Levi Strauss and Shell.
- Served as an Apprentice with the Golf Digest Instructional Schools where he studied under well know instructors, Jim Flick, Peter Kostis, Davis Love, Jr., Hank Johnson, John Elliott, Jr., and Dick Aultman.
- Also part of the Innisbrook Golf Institute staff, working with Jay Overton and Lew Smither at the Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club.
- 92nd PGA Professional to have achieved the elite “Master Professional” ranking.
- 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Teacher of the Year SECPGA, nominated.
- 2016 Teacher of the Year, SFPGA, nominated.
- PGA of America Adjunct Faculty Member.
- PGA of America Master Professional Mentoring Committee.
- Most Recently completed a long term Licensing Agreement with Miami–Dade County, to provide all instructional programs at the Crandon Park Golf Course, in Key Biscayne, Florida. Crandon Park is an outstanding Devlin/Von Hagge world class design, and for seventeen years hosted the Royal Caribbean Classic, a PGA Tour Event, and also hosts the Miami Open, widely considered tennis's "Fifth Major".
- Served as Director of Golf at ChampionsGate Golf Resort in Orlando, the International headquarters for the David Leadbetter Golf Academy. On a regular basis they would see numerous Professionals on site to include Ernie Els, Nick Price, Greg Norman ,Tom Watson, Ian Poulter, Justin Rose, Charles Howell III, Scott Hoch, Brad Bryant, Brian Gay, David Gossett, Trevor Immelman and Michelle Wie, to name a few.
- Served as Head Professional at several Florida golf clubs, to include: Delray Dunes (Boynton Beach) Polo West (Wellington), Yacht and Country Club (Stuart), Sun and Lake (Sebring), the University Club (Miami) and Palm Beach Polo (Wellington).
- Recorded rounds of 69, 74 in passing the PGA of America playing abilities exam.
- Won the Hidden Valley Golf Classic.
- Third place finish, Sectional Qualifying, National Long Drive, with drive of 341 yards.
- Recorded competitive low round of 65, –7, in California.
- Speaker and Instructor at numerous PGA Chapter Education Seminars.
- Written numerous articles for national golf publications.
- Kevin has the privilege of writing a weekly column for the St. Lucie Voice, called Kevin's Kures, which is distributed to over 18,000 households in the Port St. Lucie, Florida neighborhoods of; St. Lucie West, PGA Village and Tradition.
- Hosted and produced his own television show on WTCN, in Stuart, Florida.
- Hosted and produced his own radio show on WPSL 1530am, Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- Authored the Golf Instructional Book “Golf Everyone”, published by Hunter Textbooks.
Kevin and his wife Denise are long time residents of the PGA Village, in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Kevin has two grown children. Kevin’s daughter Lauren, 35, is a nurse practitioner and resides in Phoenix, Arizona. Taylor, 33, his son, is a plumber and is also in the contracting business ,and lives in Tampa, Florida.